MISS VIRGIN ISLANDS 2012

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Caribbean Cultural Expo: Embrace Your Culture and Open Your Mind To Others


I'll bet that not many Saturdays compared to mine. I was invited to be apart of the Jacksonville Caribbean Cultural expo.  I took part in both the parade and the Village, known by many others as the Fair Grounds. I had so much fun and I was so warmly welcomed!

The vendors provided delicious foods from various Islands. Jamaica, The Virgin Islands and Barbados were just some islands featured. I munched on authentic Caribbean dishes like chicken pate and fried plantains as well as traditional American Fair dishes. The shaved ice was welcomed on such a hot Florida day. The list of food could go on for days! I'm sure I ate for five of me in just a few hours. I was also given some beautiful gifts from many vendors! My favorite being my new Virgin Islands bracelet. 
The entertainment was so festive and lively! I heard music from back home as well, which was a welcomed surprise. The members of the carnival troupes danced their way through the village in costumes bedazzled with gems and rhinestones, in a number of beautiful colors, feathers and headdresses. 
Miss America is most definitely an ambassador of her country, and having such a rich connection to the Caribbean, it would be an honor for me to represent my country, the United States of America, throughout my fellow islands. 

However, as Miss Virgin Islands, I will continue to represent not only my territory but America with pride through out Caribbean celebrations.
























With Love, Miss Virgin Islands.     

No comments:

Post a Comment