MISS VIRGIN ISLANDS 2012

My photo

Harry Potter Enthusiast, Island girl, All American Girl, Proud USF bull. Lover of all things mythical and "unbelievable"

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Caribbean Cultural Expo: Embrace Your Culture and Open Your Mind To Others


I'll bet that not many Saturdays compared to mine. I was invited to be apart of the Jacksonville Caribbean Cultural expo.  I took part in both the parade and the Village, known by many others as the Fair Grounds. I had so much fun and I was so warmly welcomed!

The vendors provided delicious foods from various Islands. Jamaica, The Virgin Islands and Barbados were just some islands featured. I munched on authentic Caribbean dishes like chicken pate and fried plantains as well as traditional American Fair dishes. The shaved ice was welcomed on such a hot Florida day. The list of food could go on for days! I'm sure I ate for five of me in just a few hours. I was also given some beautiful gifts from many vendors! My favorite being my new Virgin Islands bracelet. 
The entertainment was so festive and lively! I heard music from back home as well, which was a welcomed surprise. The members of the carnival troupes danced their way through the village in costumes bedazzled with gems and rhinestones, in a number of beautiful colors, feathers and headdresses. 
Miss America is most definitely an ambassador of her country, and having such a rich connection to the Caribbean, it would be an honor for me to represent my country, the United States of America, throughout my fellow islands. 

However, as Miss Virgin Islands, I will continue to represent not only my territory but America with pride through out Caribbean celebrations.
























With Love, Miss Virgin Islands.     

No comments:

Post a Comment