MISS VIRGIN ISLANDS 2012

Thursday, September 6, 2012

...And what a journey it's been thus far!

...And what a journey it's been thus far!

After being crowned Miss Virgin Islands just over three weeks ago, the work began. I didn't have a honeymoon phase as I traveled to Orlando just three days after for the Miss America Outstanding teen pageant.  

But let's begin with my state pageant. What an experience that was. We began quite early in the morning first with interview. I was extremely nervous as I face a panel of judges that consisted of esteemed community officials, business owners and former Miss Virgin Island title holders. The questions were thrown at me, but luckily I answered each from the heart, and by the grace of God that had been enough. I then prepared for the fitness section right away. That section came and went so quickly my swimsuit, colorful and fun, represented my personality perfectly....Moments later was the Talent segment of the nights pageant. I sang my heart out to the tune of New York, New York by Frank Sinatra, however I knew my fellow contestants were just as amazing as I thought they were, so I knew it would be extremely close. For my evening wear, I dazzled in a gem and glass covered gown, and before I knew it, I had answered my on stage question and was waiting patiently on stage for crowning. Fitness I had won, Interview I had won, but who had won the title of Miss Virgin Islands? I still wasn't sure if it was me. But soon my dream of four years became a reality, I was Miss Virgin Islands 2012. Every amazing moment documented by the wonderful photographer, Eric Johnson.

Days after I traveled to Orlando, where I met my teen and princess, as well as my 52 Miss America 2013 sisters. "What a whirlwind this must be!" the said. They all were in shock and disbelief that I was just crowned the Sunday before. My trip consisted of official MAO workshops, autograph signings, and choosing my swimsuit for the Miss America Pageant! But after all those long days my sisters and I were treated to a much need trip to Disney World! Tours, rides and meeting Mickey and Minnie mouse! What else could an queen ask for?

My journey has just begun, but I am sure it will be one of excitement, adventure and memories to last a lifetime! I don't want to miss a moment of this year to come. 

With Love,
Miss Virgin Islands




No comments:

Post a Comment